Monday, November 12, 2012

Reading Thoughts- November 12, 2012

In reading today there were two concepts that spoke to me.  One is John the Baptist's words in John 3:30, "He must become greater; I must become less."  The other is in John 4:34, "'My food', said Jesus, 'is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.'"

Both verses really point to the same issue within me; selfishness.

If I am going to be a disciple, I really need to get these concepts down.  God must become greater in my life.  His will, rather than my own, needs to become the driving force in my life.  

God, I submit to your authority and lordship.  I lay down all I have, and claim to be, at your feet to be used for your purposes.  I confess my selfish thoughts and pursuits, and desire your Spirit to transform my thought and pursuits in order that your kingdom be furthered through me.  May Your will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment