Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Thoughts From My Reading Today










24The people refused to enter the pleasant land,
for they wouldn’t believe his promise to care for them.
25Instead, they grumbled in their tents
and refused to obey the Lord.

I read this passage from Psalm 106 this morning and started wondering how many pleasant lands I have missed because I won't believe God's promise to love and care for me.  I have crazy low self-esteem, and am continually trying to hold that up to the truth of God's Word and to remember that I am His creation, purchased by the blood of Jesus, because God loved me. I am His son.  Because I have struggled to believe His promises at times, I have not been bold and courageous in decisions, nor have I walked through some doors to some great opportunities.

I just wanted to encourage you today, whatever day it is and whoever you are, to believe and hope in the love of God.  Know that you are His and he wants good for you!  He wants to take you to "pleasant lands".

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Shane! I can certainly relate to you as I, too, deal with low self esteem, mainly because of my weight which has been a life long battle. When I get down, I have to remember that God loves me just the way I am and that brings me comfort and out of my "pity party of one!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy..... ­N­­F­­L­­T­V­SHOW.C­O­M ... it has a great selection of NFL games and I like the DVR functionality. The video quality is also good. now that they have added the DVR + 300 hrs of space and the series record option…

    ReplyDelete