Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti

The news concerning Haiti and the earthquake there stirs lots of feelings in me. Feelings of helplessness, sadness, thanksgiving, and compassion for people that I don't know.

I feel helpless because I'm here in Nebraska and am very far removed from the situation there. I feel helpless because I don't have money to go down and help. I feel helpless because I have no building skills whatever to go help with rebuilding in time.

I feel sadness knowing that many lives were lost, probably lives that didn't know Jesus Christ.

I am thankful that the Northwest Haiti Mission was unharmed and the people there are safe. I am thankful that my friend, Ferdinand's, family is safe. I am thankful that the group of people in Haiti from the church in Norfolk are safe and there to help minister to the hurts and needs of the Haitian people.

I don't have much today in the way of help for the people of Haiti, but I do serve a God who created them, loves them perfectly and will deliver those who call on His name. God I entrust Haiti and the people of Haiti to Your more-than-capable hands. Bring them hope and deliver them from this trial so they may see Your power and glory and give You praise on the day of Your return.

Samaritan's Purse has established an online donation system to help Haitian relief. I don't have much, but I do have $20 that can help. Anyone join me?

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment