Thursday, January 14, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

I'm listening to some Matt Redman in the office today and just came across the song "You Alone Can Rescue". A memory flashed in my mind that brought a blessed smile to my face and prayer from my lips.

I remember backing out of the driveway in our mini-van with Milo sitting in his usual spot behind the passenger seat. In the bridge of the song they sing, "We lift up our eyes, lift up our eyes, to the Giver of Life.". As the singers get to this part in the song, my son starts belting it out. I look back and my 3-year-old boy has both arms raised, singing his little lungs out. It was a precious and funny sight to behold. It's winter, he has his big, winter coat on, hood up and fastened tightly. He can barely move, kind of like little brother Randy from "A Christmas Story"...but there he was shooting those arms up toward our God and singing to the Giver of Life.

The prayer from my lips is that my children will see God's light and glory all the days of their lives. I pray that they will be devoted worshipers of the one, true, living God. I pray that they will be mighty warriors for His Kingdom. I pray that I might be the kind of husband and father and pastor that reflects God's light and glory for my family to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment